Easy Grassfed Beef Meatloaf Recipe
January 1, 2023 • 0 comments
Wholesome meatloaf makes for the perfect hearty meal on a cold winter night. This recipe is sure to please using our custom blend Gourmet Ground Beef.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Servings: 6
- (2.5lbs) Gourmet Ground Beef
- (2) Large Yellow Onions, Chopped
- (2 tsp) Thyme Leaves, Roughly Chopped
- (1.5 tsp) Salt
- (1 tsp) Freshly Ground Black pepper
- (2 Tbsp) Olive Oil
- (3 Tbsp) Worcestershire Sauce
- (2 Tbsp) Tomato Paste
- (1/4 cup) Chicken Stock
- (1/2 cup) Plain Breadcrumbs
- (2) Large Eggs
- (1/4 cup) Ketchup
- (1/4 cup) Steak Sauce
How to Make It:
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- In a large skillet, over medium flame, heat the olive oil for 1-2 minutes before sautéing the onions.
- Stir occasionally for 4-5 minutes until the onions start to soften.
- Add thyme, salt, black pepper and stir for another 4-5 minutes until the onions start to brown slightly.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, stock, and tomato paste to the onions. Stir for 2 minutes until well incorporated. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, break up the ground beef with a fork. Add the cooled onion mixture along with breadcrumbs and eggs and mix with a fork, lightly aerating the mixture. Do not compact the mixture by vigorously combining the ingredients.
- On a baking tray, shape the ground beef mix into a rectangle or oval shape, ensuring that the beef is even, for even cooking in the oven.
- Mix the ketchup and steak sauce together and spread a thin layer on top of the raw meat.
- Place the meatloaf in the oven and bake for approximately 40 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add an additional layer of the ketchup-steak sauce glaze.
- Return the meatloaf to the oven and cook for an additional 20 minutes.
- For additional browning, bake for an additional 15 minutes if needed. The internal temperature should be 160F.
- Remove from heat and allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with additional glaze.