- (1 Stick) Butter
- (2) Sprigs Rosemary, Minced
- (2) Sprigs Thyme, Minced
- (1/4 cup) Parsley
- (1) Clove Garlic, Minced
- (1 tsp) Salt
- (1 tsp) Crushed Black Pepper
- (1) Lemon, Cut into Wedges
- (1) Bulb of Garlic, Halved
- (2) Sprigs Rosemary
- (2) Sprigs Thyme
- (1) Whole Chicken
How to Make It:
1. Preheat the oven to 425F.
2. While the oven is preheating, melt the butter either over a stove or in a microwave.
3. Once the butter has melted, add the minced rosemary, thyme, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
4. Pat the chicken dry both on the outside of the chicken and inside the cavity of the chicken.
5. Place the lemon wedges, sprigs of rosemary and thyme and the garlic bulb into the cavity of the chicken.
6. Pour the herbed butter all over the outside of the chicken as well as into the cavity of the chicken. Without breaking the skin of the chicken, pour some of the melted herb butter beneath the skin of the chicken.
7. Using a piece of kitchen twine, tie the ends of the thicken legs together. Carefully place the chicken onto a rack of a roasting pan.
8. Place the roasting pan in the oven for 15 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 375F.
9. Roast the chicken at 375F for 30 minutes. Check to make sure the chicken isn’t browning too quickly. If so, cover the chicken loosely with aluminum foil. Continue roasting for 45 minutes.
10. Using an Instant read kitchen thermometer, insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken. The chicken is done when the thermometer reads 165F.
11. Remove the chicken from the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes before carving. Any remaining juices from the chicken may be saved to make a gravy to accompany the roasted chicken.