- (1 lb.) Ground Bison
- (1/4 cup) Onion, finely diced
- (1/4 cup) Almond Flour
- (1) Egg
- (1 tsp) Worcestershire Sauce
- (1/2 tsp) Garlic Powder
- (1/2 tsp) Salt
- (1/2 tsp) Onion Powder
- (1/4 tsp) Black Pepper
- (1 TBSP) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- (1 cup) Beef Broth
Our simple bison Salisbury steak recipe is an easy-to-make, flavorful dish perfect for family dinners or nights when you need good ‘ol fashioned comfort food.
It’s a delicious low-carb option, and when you serve it with cauliflower mash or steamed vegetables, you’ve got a keto-friendly meal. Enjoy this family favorite today!!
How to Make It:
- Combine ground bison, chopped onion, almond flour, egg, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper in a mixing bowl. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Shape the mixture into oval-shaped patties, about 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the bison patties and cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side, or until they are browned and cooked to your desired level of doneness. Remove the patties from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add beef broth and bring it to a simmer. Stir and scrape the bottom of the skillet to incorporate any browned bits.
- Optional: If using sliced mushrooms, add them to the skillet and cook until tender.
- Return the bison patties to the skillet with the broth. Spoon some of the broth over the patties to keep them moist. Continue to simmer for a few minutes until the patties are heated through.
- Serve the Salisbury steaks with broth and optional mushrooms on top.