Bourbon Glazed Ham Roast
Yum-O! Stop searching for a flavorful yet simple glaze for your holiday ham because I can promise that you've found it.
A succulent ham is desirable for any holiday meal and our Seven Sons Farm sugar-free ham roasts are sure to please.
Check out this simple recipe you can count on for a memorable eating experience.
Prep Time: 45 minutes. Cook Time: 65 minutes. Total Time: 1 hour 50 minutes. Serves: 4
- 1 2-lb Heritage Ham Roast
- 1/2 cup water
For the Glaze:
- 2 Tbsp Grassfed Butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 glove garlic, smashed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
How to Make It:
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Place ham on rack of a roasting pan. Fill roasting pan with 1/2 cup water.
- Cover the ham with aluminum foil and place it in oven to cook for 30 minutes.
- In the mean time to make the glaze, melt the butter in a heavy bottom pot.
- Once melted add the rest of the ingredients and stir to dissolve.
- Reduce the glaze slightly on low heat for approximately 10 minutes to form a slightly thick glaze. The consistency of the glaze should be like maple syrup. This will continue to thicken off the stove.
- Remove the ham from the oven. Pour out any remaining water from the base of the pan and place the ham directly on to the roasting tin.
- Increase the oven temperature to 425F.
- Pour 1/2 the amount of glaze oven the ham to ensure that the glaze covers the ham entirely and return it to the oven for 15 minutes. Remove the ham from the oven.
- Baste the ham with one quarter of the remaining glaze and return the ham to the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the ham and pour the remaining glaze onto the ham and return it to the oven for the final 10 minutes.
- Remove the ham from the oven and allow it to rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
We sure hope you enjoy this delicious recipe.