Part Time Delivery Driver (Based in Fort Wayne, IN - Saturdays)
As a part-time Delivery Driver for Seven Sons your job is to provide great customer service through the safe, accurate, and timely delivery of our products to our customer pickup locations throughout the 5 state region that we serve. This position represents our farm to our customers and the public, therefore excellent communication and people skills are essential. Driving experience and keen navigation skills are also essential in order to ensure timely deliveries as well as to help maintain vehicles and avoid damages.
Since most of our deliveries take place on Saturdays, this job is a great fit for candidates who are looking for a good paying fill in job for anywhere from 1-4 Saturdays per month. Opportunity for weekday deliveries may arise as well. Delivery schedules are maintained well in advance giving us the ability to plan and work with your schedule.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- 2-4+ years of experience operating commercial vehicles (delivery vans or small/large trucks).
- Able to verbally communicate effectively with customers, coworkers and supervisors.
- Able to listen effectively, understanding the expectations for delivery duties.
- Able to operate a computer to perform tasks (training on in-house software will be provided).
- Able to operate vehicle navigation equipment and communication devices.
- Able to operate a large cargo vehicle, adhering to best driving practices and traffic laws.
- Able to perform basic analysis and compilation tasks.
- Able to solve problems and utilize deductive reasoning.
Other Skills & Abilities
- Valid U.S. Driver's License.
- Excellent driving ability and knowledge of traffic laws.
- Able to represent Seven Sons in the community while on route with professional and courteous conduct.
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment.
- Applicants ideally should be located within 20-30 miles from Fort Wayne Indiana as this is where all trucks depart from.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Position requires early mornings with routes extending into late afternoon and evening. (Pay rate increases with the number of consecutive hours worked in a single day.)
- Position requires the ability to transfer boxes and packages weighing up to 50 pounds to and from vehicles. Cart dolly is provided. (Average box weight is 15-30 pounds.)
- Similar to our daily farm duties, deliveries take place snow, rain, or shine. Conducting deliveries during inclement weather is sometimes required.
- Entry-level position at a growing mission driven farm business.
- Great work culture surrounded by customers who truly appreciate our farm's mission.
- Competitive part time compensation.
- Food credit provided at end of each year.
- Take an active part in changing our food system - one delivery at at time!