Meatballs and Marinara Recipe
We're here to kick up your Italian night at home with a Meatball Recipe that you're sure to make again and again.
This flavor-packed marinara and meatball recipe is the perfect match for our premium-blend gourmet ground beef, a tasty mix of chuck, brisket and short rib.
Prep Time: 30 minutes. Cook Time: 45 minutes. Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes. Serving Size: Makes 25 meatballs
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 large egg
- 1 lb Seven Sons Gourmet Ground Beef
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Chopped parsley, for garnishing
- Grated parmesan for garnishing
How to Make It:
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a small pan. Sauté the onions and garlic for approximately 3-4 minutes on low heat until they are translucent. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, milk, dried parsley, egg, and the onion-garlic mix until well incorporated.
- Add the beef, salt and pepper and mix gently until uniformly mixed. Do not over mix.
- Using a 1 inch cookie scoop, scoop out the mixture and roll the meatballs gently to form balls. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 400F for 20 minutes, turning the meatballs over at the halfway mark. Set aside.
- For the marinara sauce, saute the onions and garlic in the olive oil in a large pot or pan for 4-5 minutes until slightly brown.
- Add the crushed tomatoes along with the tomato paste and sauté for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes and give it a stir.
- Add the cooked meatballs gently into the sauce and cook for approximately 5 minutes.
- Garnish the meatballs marinara with chopped parsley and grated parmesan. Serve as an appetizer with cocktail skewers or as an entree alongside pasta.